I2 Cleantech Ventures
Are You A Florida Clean Tech Company Looking To Raise Venture Capital and Grow Your Business?
Register Now for TRDA’s 2012 Clean Tech Ventures
Clean Tech Ventures is a part of the i2 Capital Accelerator, which is a program of the Technological Research and Development Authority (TRDA).
The i2 Clean Tech Ventures program consists of four weeks of intense mentoring that kicks off with a two-day business boot camp. The i2 Mentor Network is a statewide network of “been there, done that” technology entrepreneurs that have founded and raised capital for their own companies. Our mentors have collectively raised over $300 million for their own companies, and will work with you to prepare your company (team, financial statements, business plan, sales/marketing strategy and much more) for the capital raising process. The i2 team has a network of angels, venture capitalists and pre-seed funding resources within our i2 Ventures Network to accelerate the connection of great companies to Florida’s investment community.
Mentoring sessions will begin on March 22nd and April 12th 2012. The most promising companies from each i2 Clean Tech Ventures session will be invited to participate in the annual Igniting Innovation Showcase, which will be held in September 2012. The i2 showcase attracts investors, mentors and industry partners from all over the country, and has a $100,000 grant award for the most promising presenting company. The winning company will be selected by attending venture capitalists based on revenue growth potential within five years and the ability to create a return for investors.
What are the Benefits of Participating in the i2 Program?
- Fast Track selection opportunity for i2 Showcase and the $100,000 grant competition
- Immediate, honest feedback on your business plan, and its potential attractiveness to angels, venture capitalists or other sources of capital
- Accelerated path to the i2 Ventures Network (angels, venture capital firms, gap funding sources)
- Ongoing access to a deep, statewide network of experienced “been there, done that” mentors that have walked in your shoes and raised capital for their own companies
- Quick-drop education on best practices for business plan development, financial modeling, market strategies and closing your first customers
- Access to a statewide network of critical business service providers at reduced rates
- Usage of the TRDA Innovation Center for workspace, meetings and classrooms
What are the Criteria to Participate in the i2 Program?
Florida-based technology Clean Tech companies with the following criteria are eligible:
- Headquartered in Florida with at least 80% of employees also in Florida
- Potential for rapid revenue growth within five years
- Relevant technical expertise on team for product strategy
- In the Clean Tech/Alternative Energy sectors
What is the Cost to Participate?
There is no cost to apply to the i2 Clean Tech Ventures program. If your company is selected to participate, there is a $250 fee to participate in the four week mentoring session. This fee includes the kickoff boot camp, all mentoring sessions, and access to the TRDA facilities for workspace and meetings. We also will provide three months of limited post-session support (maximum of five hours/month) for i2 Cleantech Ventures graduate companies that have been selected to participate in the i2 Showcase, which will be held in late September. Companies may be selected for one of three different showcase categories – $100,000 competition finalist, non-competing presenter, or exhibitor. There are no additional costs for post-session investor introductions for companies that are ready to meet with investors, nor is there a fee to participate in the i2 Annual Showcase if your company is selected to present.
How Do I Apply?
Simply fill out the online application located at www.i2florida.com/how-to-apply.
If you are selected for the March 2012 session, a mandatory two-day kickoff boot camp will be held at the TRDA Business Innovation Center in Melbourne, Florida on March 22 and 23, 2012. If you are selected for the April 2012 session the mandatory boot camp will be held on April 12 and 13, 2012.
Applications for the March session are due by February 29, 2012 and for the April session by March 30, 2012. Selections will be announced no later than March 2, 2012 and April 2, 2012.
Contact Brenda McMillan at email@example.com or (321) 872-1050 ext. 103.