I2 Capital Accelerator
Welcome to Florida’s Igniting Innovation (i2) Capital Accelerator. Our mission is to connect Florida-based technology companies with capital, experienced startup mentors, and business resources to accelerate the launch, financing and growth of Florida-based technology companies. There are three components within the i2 Capital Accelerator Programs – quarterly i2 Capital Accelerator Preparation sessions, the i2 Cleantech Ventures program, and the annual i2 Capital Accelerator Showcase event held each Fall.
Key benefits for all three programs include:
- Immediate, honest feedback on your business plan, and its potential attractiveness to angels, venture capitalists or other sources of capital
- Ongoing access to a deep, statewide network of experienced “been there, done that” mentors that have walked in your shoes and raised capital
- Expedited access to decision makers at large corporations as potential customers or partners
- Quick-drop education on best practices for business plan development, financial modeling, market strategies and closing your first customers
- Accelerated path to Florida’s angel networks and venture capital firms
- Access to a statewide Emerging Business Network of critical business service providers at reduced or pro bono rates. Our network includes attorneys, accountants, staffing resources, bankers, and much more.
- Ongoing access to the TRDA Innovation Center for temporary workspace, meetings, classrooms, etc.
The i2 Capital Accelerator Quarterly sessions consist of three months of mentoring that begin in January, April, and October each year. Each session cumulates with closed-door presentations to a panel of investors that will provide intense, honest feedback to presenting companies. The most promising companies from each i2 Capital Accelerator Quarterly session will be invited to participate in the annual Igniting Innovation Showcase, which is held in September.
The i2 Cleantech Ventures Program is dedicated to Florida-based clean technology and clean energy companies that are seeking investment capital. The program consists of an intense business workshop that introduces the fundamentals of raising equity capital. In addition, each participating company receives one month of business assistance with business plan development, commercialization strategies, development of financials, intellectual property best practices and other critical business needs.
The annual i2 showcase attracts investors, mentors and industry partners from all over the country, and will award a $100,000 grant to the most promising “growth” company. The winning company will be selected by attending venture capitalists based on revenue growth potential within five years and the ability to create a return for investors.